Aberdeen Football Club is a leading institution in the North East of Scotland with an impressive legacy of national and international achievements since the club was founded in 1903.
AFC is an ambitious organization that seeks further success and long-term sustainability to support our football team by adding value in all areas of our daily activities for the overall benefit of our staff, supporters. and our customers.
The outgoing Scout must have a background in football as well as the appropriate essential traits of good communication, empathy and understanding. The successful candidate should have the SFA Talent ID Award 1.1 / 1.2 and 1.3 or be willing to work towards it.
The responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Point of contact for parents of players released from Aberdeen Youth Academy.
• Development and regular updating of a contact sheet and use of the Sports Office system for clubs.
• Monitor released players while maintaining contact with boys’ clubs.
• Liaise with the scouts in the area where the players are playing.
• Have a good knowledge of the level of players signed Aberdeen FC.
• Involvement in club identification days.
This is a part-time position, working 8 hours per week.
Interviews for this position are scheduled to begin the week of October 4, 2021.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by September 27, 2021. Your cover letter should include your earliest available date to start, if successful. Please note that due to the number of applications received at the Club, we will only respond if you are successful in securing an interview.