The Diocesan Youth Council is back! Commissioned by Bishop Vincent Long OFM Conv, Bishop of Parramatta, the Youth Council offers advice and support regarding the purpose and role of youth ministry to young people in the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta.
The Youth Council connects with church agencies and relevant local communities to ensure that youth ministry in the diocese provides consistent and coordinated opportunities to encounter the person of Jesus Christ, who in turn engages and animates all aspects of their life.
Under a reinvigorated model, Catholic Youth Parramatta seeks two members (18-35) in each of the FIVE deaneries. In addition to a quarterly meeting, they will be engaged as a voice in the deanery’s pastoral councils over time.
- Advise on the vision and implementation of a safe and comprehensive youth ministry approach in the Diocese of Parramatta.
- Promote community, communication and cooperation between schools, parishes, movements and organizations.
- Advocate and support successful local community initiatives.
- Identify gaps and areas of concern to provide feedback and development milestones.
- Facilitate opportunities for listening and dialogue with young people in the diocese.
- Provide support, training and networking opportunities for those dealing with young people and youth leaders.
- Identify and support leadership development and faith formation of young people for future leadership roles within the diocese.
To appoint a young person to the Diocesan Youth Council, please Click here. Applications close Monday, April 11.